The Virtual Office Package gives you the benefits of all of our Virtual Office products at a cost-effective rate. Grow your business with a prestigious CBD business address, a local telephone number and receptionist, and access to professional meeting room facilities - along with all the Servcorp service and infrastructure advantages.
The Virtual Office Package includes all our Virtual Office products:
- Address Package: Your address matters! Show your business is serious with a prestigious corporate address for your business cards and marketing materials, in any one of our 150 worldwide locations
- Communications Package: Never miss a call, with a local business telephone number instantly available, and answered by a dedicated receptionist
- Membership Package: Access to stunning boardrooms and meeting rooms at special rates - for as little as 10 minutes or the entire day
- Professional support - fully trained, professional and permanent staff: no call centres!
- All with Servcorp's flexible month by month contracts and no security deposit for credit card payment
The overall price is lower than buying them separately and you also get extra value:
- Use of a private office outside of your city for 3 days each month
- 3 hours coworking space access per day
- Secure high-speed Wi-Fi in coworking spaces and private offices†
- Access to video-conferencing and online meeting hosting*†
* Available in most locations
† Available on a pay-as-you-go basis when you need it
EUR239 / Month
If you are to succeed
Meet, test and try! Don't buy a lie!
Ensure you protect your business by confirmation.
Ask if they have unique-password, rocket-fast WiFi – For your security.
Ask to be connected to the internet – How long does it take?
Ask if the provider is Tier-1.
Ask to be allowed to check download speeds.
Ask to speak to IT support: Are they in-house or a third party? Are they even in the country?
Ask to be given a phone number so you can try the service before you buy.
Ask for a phone rate card.
Ask to meet your dedicated receptionist. The receptionist is the front line of your business.
Ask about disaster transfer.
Ask if your phone extension can roam at no cost to other locations.
Ask if the wireless internet is secure.
Ask what kind of firewall can be set up for your network.
Ask to see the transparency code of the provider.
Ask if incoming callers can dial ‘1’ for voicemail to mobile.
Ask if you can get free calls equal to your connection amount.
Ask if your phone bill is 20% lower than telco rate.